We’re on a mission to establish an effortless (and unbelievably fast!) staffing process for healthcare professionals and employers.
If you believe in making the healthcare experience better for those providing care, we want you on our team!
Who we are.
We are a small and passionate team working to eliminate inefficiency and financial waste in the world of healthcare staffing. We're transparent. We're nimble. We're always learning. And we're having a ton of fun along the way.
Why we're here.
Kamana was born out of the personal frustration one of our founders experienced throughout his nursing career. Having spent more than a decade working in dozens of hospitals across the country, John witnessed first-hand how repetitive processes and inefficient technology results in missed opportunities and financial waste for him and his employers.
What we do.
We build user-centric, feedback-driven software for the healthcare staffing industry. Currently focused on travel nursing and allied health, we enable healthcare workers to manage their credentials and careers from a single place, and staffing agencies to hire and collaborate with the workforce far more efficiently.
How We Work.
🧑🏻💻 We’re Remote-First
Kamana is a remote-first team that favors asynchronous communication. You will typically find us working from where we live (spanning 22 States and all US time zones). We leverage software such as Asana, Slack, and Notion to collaborate effectively across time zones, and work however we are the happiest and most productive.
🪞 We’re Authentic
Everyone is different, and at Kamana we celebrate individuality. We want you to not only feel open to be yourself, but we want you to embrace it. From extreme-hammocking to true-crime binging, you’re free to be who you are and share it with the team.
🧘🏾 We’re Flexible
We often work 9 to 5 but appreciate the need for flexibility and trust each other to find a schedule that fits our lives best. On occasion, you’ll find us burning the midnight oil. But it’s more because we want to, not because we have to.
Our Interview Process.
We want all everyone that is interested in working with us to have an exceptional interview experience. Below you can find a high-level overview of what to expect, and we’re happy to provide any accommodations throughout our process. If you do need any accommodations, please let our Talent Acquisition Manager, Amanda, know.
Our online application process gives us a sense of your background, experience, skills, and interests. Each application also contains a few open-ended questions to help us get to know you a little better.
The cultural connection interview is typically a 30-minute interview with a member of the Kamana team that has current (or relatively recent) experience in the role. This is your chance to get to know the team, some aspects of the role, and how we work at Kamana. In this interview, we’re looking to better understand your skills like communication, collaboration, and your way of working.
The second interview is typically with the hiring manager for a total of 60-minutes. During this time, you'll go deep into the technical skills and requirements of the role and the tasks at hand. This is your chance to dig into the day-to-day expectations of the position and get to know your leader. Here, we'll be looking to better understand the knowledge, skills, and ability you bring to be successful in the role.
The final interview is often the largest. At Kamana, collaboration is core to how we work and support one another. In this stage, you'll be connecting with partners across Kamana that will work directly or indirectly with the position as well as some of our Kamana Founders. This is your chance to get to know more team members and learn about how the position works cross-functionally.
Perks and Benefits.
💰 Competitive Salary
🌅 Work from Anywhere
We offer competitive salaries across the US. We leverage industry research to make sure we’re paying equitably, regardless of where you live.
🩺 Health and wellness
We offer multiple health plan options that span medical, dental, vision, voluntary life insurance, and short-term disability.
🏖 Time off
We have a flexible paid time off policy that doesn’t limit the amount of vacation days you can take. In fact, we expect everyone to take a minimum of at least fifteen vacation days per year in addition to company-wide federal holidays.
💻 Choice of Tools
A MacBook Pro or Surface PC will be provided to you upon hire, yours to keep indefinitely after your first year.
Work from a location of your choosing on a schedule that enables you to put your health and family first. We’ll work with you to determine a schedule within which you are the happiest and most productive.
💸 401K Match
Every employee is eligible for a 401k/retirement plan, with a company match after one calendar year up to 4% annually of employee contribution.
👶 Parental leave
We want to support you as your family grows, and one of the best ways we can do that is to ensure you have time to spend with your family. At Kamana, all employees are eligible for parental/adoptive leave.
🗄 Home Office Set-up
Since you work remotely, we want to make sure your workspace is comfortable. You can expense up to $1,000 every two years to set up your home office.
Who We Aspire To Be.
Empower every healthcare professional to instantly provide care whenever they are needed.
Establish an effortless (and unbelievably fast!) staffing process for healthcare professionals and employers.
- 🥇 People First: Whether it is our team at Kamana, the clients we serve, or health care professionals, we put people at the forefront of all our decisions. We strive to listen closely, respond genuinely, value one another and empower ownership with every interaction.
- 👓 Relentlessly Transparent: We believe that transparency fast-tracks learning, communication, and, most importantly, trust. To work as efficiently and effectively as possible, we complete and coordinate as much work as possible in the open. The only thing we're not transparent about is user-data, that belongs to them.
- 💪 Insatiable Learners: We believe that continuous learning is foundational to improvement and innovation. We're embrace what we don't know and work diligently to maximize our learning velocity while constantly challenging ourselves to suspend assumptions, test hypotheses, and fail fabulously, then fix fast. We recognize our learning and mistakes with the same passion and enthusiasm we use to celebrate wins.
- 🛣 Mission Driven: Like many others, we believe that healthcare has to change. At Kamana, we're all committed to transforming healthcare with the healthcare provider at the center. Our vision says it best, we believe in empowering every healthcare professional to be able to instantly provide care whenever they are needed.
- 🪞 Refreshingly Authentic: Everyone is different, and at Kamana we celebrate that individuality. We want you to not only feel open to be yourself, but we want you to embrace it so we can meet you there. From extreme-hammocking to true-crime binging, you’re free to be who you are, share it with the team.