Who you are.
You consider an organization's greatest asset to be the people who are a part of it. Your greatest enjoyment at work comes from helping people grow and succeed in their career. You are pragmatic, yet empathic. You are excellent with people.
You enjoy solving new problems on a daily basis. You’re happiest when you are working on a variety of different projects and are comfortable managing changing priorities. You have a growth mindset, are naturally curious, and seek continuous learning in everything you do.
What you'll do.
Over the past fifteen months, Kamana has grown from three to thirty full-time distributed/remote team members who have helped more than 115,000 healthcare professionals and hundreds of healthcare employers more efficiently navigate the world of healthcare staffing. We firmly believe that the success of these users begins with the happiness and success of the people who craft, grow, and support the user journey on the Kamana platform.
As Head of People & Culture at Kamana, you will lead the People & Culture team that plays an instrumental role in rapidly scaling the team and culture over the next 12-24 months. Your work will enable us to sustainably grow Kamana to help millions of heathcare pros & thousands of employers nationwide, becoming the new standard in how healthcare staffing operates. To accomplish this, you'll do things like:
- Gain a deep understanding of the founding principles and vision of the company, then help ensure these principles are upheld as contributions from our team members, users, and partners continually shape the company culture.
- Oversee and collaborate with our Talent Acquisition Lead to build a diverse & inclusive talent acquisition strategy for the organization, ensuring equitable sourcing, interviewing, and hiring processes. You should expect heavy involvement with less-technical roles while our Talent Acquisition Lead focuses on high-demand roles such as engineering, product, and design.
- Oversee and collaborate with our People Success Specialist to support and iterate upon all aspects of new employee onboarding, ensuring an enjoyable, high quality and highly effective onboarding experience for all new employees.
- Create and implement company policies and communications, ranging from direct ownership of the company handbook, to consulting the leadership team on areas such as company-wide announcements or implementation of cross functional initiatives.
- Maintain a people-first culture of transparency and trust, owning activities such as helping bridge employee relations, proactively gathering and advocating for employee feedback, and fostering a culture of open and healthy communication as we scale.
- Create, implement, and own employee engagement programs and retention strategies that support the continued mental, physical, and career-building wellbeing of all team members.
- Help manage overall people and company logistics, ranging from helping to plan in-person meetups and events, to organizing employee gifts and team-building activities.
While typical HR functions will be an occasional aspect of this role, we are uniquely positioned with a strong Human Resources team that spans Kamana and our partner organization (see Triage + Kamana). This team will support your role via handling of traditional HR functions such as payroll/benefits administration and employment compliance. You will work closely with this team to gain an understanding of all parent-level HR benefits, processes, and policies - then serve as the bridge for all Kamana employees to ensure successful navigation in this area.
What you've done before.
You have played a major role in helping a fully remote and distributed organization successfully scale its team, product, and culture. In doing so, you have both collaborated across teams and been independently responsible for all aspects of hiring, onboarding, and employee experience.
You have demonstrated experience crafting and implementing employee engagement and retention strategies. You have experience planning and managing company events.
During this time you have become passionate about building strong and diverse company culture that is rooted in transparency and trust. You have developed a love of thinking critically and have the skills to clearly communicate resolutions in a friendly and approachable way.
Experimentation is frequent at Kamana. Comfortability with being uncomfortable is a must.
It'd be cool if you've done this.
Having been on the ground floor of a fast growing software startup, with a desire to repeat this journey, will set you apart from other candidates. Experience managing a People/HR team for a company distributed across multiple time zones will help get you to the top of the list. A clinical background and/or knowledge of the healthcare staffing industry would be amazing, but is in no way required.
Salary, benefits, & how we work.
This is a full time exempt position with an expected salary of $92,000 - $97,000/year.
How can I apply?
Click here to apply. Be sure to tell us a bit about yourself and share some links to help us learn more about you and your work (LinkedIn, personal website, online resume, etc.).
Open to US based applicants only.
Kamana is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.