Who you are.
You are passionate about solving real problems for real people. You believe that user research and feedback is an essential element of successful software development. You are a listener. You are an early-adopter. You are excellent with people.
You are happiest when you are working on a variety of different projects and are comfortable managing changing priorities. You like to research and to write. You have a growth mindset, are naturally curious, and seek continuous learning in everything you do.
What you'll do.
Healthcare professionals are busy, always on the go, and fatigued from the industry norm of hard-to-use tech that rarely works from their phone. An employer's success in healthcare staffing often comes down to who can move the workforce the fastest through the hiring flow.
With this in mind, we are passionate about building user-centric, easy to use, hyper-fast technology that enables healthcare pros and employers to collaboratively eliminate these challenges in the world of healthcare staffing.
As our first product management hire, you'll work across our engineering, design, experience, and marketing teams to uphold this passion and shape the product experiences that will solve these very real challenges for the market. To accomplish this, you'll do things like:
- talk to both users and potential users about the problems they are facing, and document user feedback, feature requests, and bug reports from a variety of sources
- create and expand upon user stories, use cases, and feature acceptance criteria, then work with our design & engineering teams to ensure we have all needed details for development
- help build and maintain a product roadmap that will delight our users while enabling us to continue growing the business and user base
- be involved in all aspects of the product design and development process, from initial user research through to ensuring a high quality implementation
- identify trends in user feedback and turn them into insights that help prioritize our roadmap
- collaborate across our experience, marketing, and product teams on special projects
Up to this point our product ops have been founder-led, with the entire team contributing to managing the product in one way or another. We are growing quickly. As we continue to build out our product management infrastructure this position will have promotion opportunity from within.
As an early member of the Kamana team, you'll also play an instrumental role in helping to define how our product team and company operates.
What you've done before.
You have played a role or roles in the development and deployment of a software product in one form another, during which time you have:
- come to enjoy talking to customers and breaking down feedback into problem statements
- developed above-average skills in concisely communicating ideas both verbally and in writing, both to technical and non technical audiences
- mastered the art of prioritizing competing opportunities, with the ability to balance user needs with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind those decisions
- gained a solid understanding of how software is built, tested, and released to users
It'd be cool if you've done this.
Having been on the ground floor of a fast growing SaaS software startup, with a desire to repeat this journey, will set you apart from other candidates. A clinical background and/or knowledge of the healthcare staffing industry would also help get you to the top of the list, but is in no way required.
Salary, benefits, & how we work.
This is a full time exempt position with an expected salary of $70,000 - 80,000+/year.
How can I apply?
Click here to apply. Be sure to tell us a bit about yourself and share some links to help us learn more about you and your work (LinkedIn, personal website, online resume, etc.).
Open to US based applicants only.
Kamana is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.