Who you are.
You consider an organization's greatest asset to be the people who are a part of it. Your greatest enjoyment at work comes from helping people grow and succeed in their career. You are pragmatic, yet empathic. You are excellent with people. You have a growth mindset, are naturally curious, and seek continuous learning in everything you do.
What you'll do.
Over the past twelve months the Kamana team has grown from three to twenty full-time employees who have helped more than 100,000 healthcare professionals and hundreds of healthcare employers more efficiently navigate the world of healthcare staffing.
As a Technical Recruiter and the second People & Culture hire at Kamana, you will play an instrumental role in helping us even more rapidly scale both the technical and non-technical team over the next 12-24 months.
Your work will enable us to sustainably grow Kamana to help millions of healthcare pros & thousands of employers nationwide, becoming the new standard in how healthcare staffing operates. To accomplish this, you'll do things like:
- Help us build diverse and inclusive candidate pipelines through creative sourcing channels, and maintain an equitable sourcing, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding process within our team
- Work with our founders, people and culture manager, and leadership team to determine vacant technical and non-technical positions, and the preferred attributes for potential hires (here’s an example of a position we’re currently recruiting for)
- Assess the skills, qualifications and experience of hopeful candidates using existing screening techniques, and new techniques you have in your toolkit
- Conduct interviews with candidates to gauge interest, culture fit, and salary requirements
- Provide feedback and recommendations from candidate screenings and interviews to various members team of the management team
Experimentation is frequent. Comfortability with being uncomfortable is a must.
What you've done before.
You have something like four or more years of experience successfully recruiting for high-growth technology startups, during which time you have done things like:
- Sourced and vetted candidates for both technical and non-technical roles within a startup
- Developed and maintained strong talent pipelines through both passive and active recruiting
- Gained a firm understanding of recruiting metrics to drive decision-making
- Developed and executed successful recruitment marketing and branding strategies
- Become passionate about building diverse teams that are rooted in transparency and trust
- Leveraged technology to stay on the edge of effectiveness for reaching potential candidates
- Developed strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate professionally
It'd be cool if you've done this.
Having a solid understanding of the Elixir programming language, with experience recruiting for roles in the Elixir ecosystem, would get you to the top of the list. Experience recruiting for any of the following programming languages would alternatively be beneficial: Erlang, Ruby, Haskell, Rust, Go, Scala.
Having been on the ground floor of a fast growing startup, with a desire to repeat this journey, may also set you apart from other candidates, but is not required as long as you are up for the challenge!
Salary, benefits, & how we work.
This is a full time exempt position with an expected salary of $75,000 - $85,000/year.
How can I apply?
Click here to apply. Be sure to tell us a bit about yourself and share some links to help us learn more about you and your work (LinkedIn, personal website, online resume, etc.).
Open to US based applicants only.
Kamana is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis that is prohibited by law or outside of the bounds of being a decent human.